Greenhouse Sports Centre
Greenhouse Sports Centre and community space is a Grade II* listed former church, constructed in 1824-5 by Philip Hardwick
The listed stonework had been historically extensively repaired using hard inappropriate cement mortars which had failed with the general condition deteriorating with the embedded iron cramps corroding causing fractures and loss of masonry.
Paye were instructed to carry out the careful removal of de-bonded cement mortars and corroded metal cramps along with the reinforcement used in the failed repairs. Work is ongoing with a specialist team of skilled masons onsite, repairing the the stonework using a combination of new stone, moulded and carved indents and compatible lime mortar repairs. Masonry was cleaned down using DOFF superheated washer to remove surface soiling and algae growth.