A Grade II* listed building in Belgravia built between 1830 – 1835.
Originally a high-end hotel it later became a house before being converted into offices in 1938. Left unoccupied for a couple of years the building has now been fully restored and returned into private ownership as a single-family dwelling.
Paye were employed to carry out the extensive external masonry repair of decorative stucco render carefully cutting back damaged material, repairing substrates and reinstating new lime-based render.
New moulded Corinthian capitals were manufactured using pre-cast which have been used to replaced severely eroded and damaged original embellishments. Further external repairs included new balustrades, brickwork cleaning and repair, new Portland stone entrance steps and lead cappings.
Internally the Portland stone cantilevered staircase was stripped off paint to expose the original stonework. Fine detailed stone repairs were carried out using a combination of natural stone indents and lime mortar.
To accommodate internal alterations to the structure the staircase had to be re-modelled requiring new moulded stone cantilevered treads to be manufactured and installed.