The Royal Academy of Arts
image_pdf

Burlington House in Grade II* listed Italianate building designed by Sir James Pennethorne as headquarters for the University of London. The Royal Academy took over the main block of Burlington House in 1867 on a 999-year lease.

PAYE were commissioned initially to complete restoration works to the stone façade and repaving elements in the Burlington House section of the site. The façade works undertaken included conservation cleaning techniques using nebulus spray, Doff and Jos followed by stone repair where areas were damaged or lost, to include both ashlar indents and carved elements executed in situ.