Restoration

Barbers
Almshouses

Client

Daniel & Edwards Solicitors

Principal Contractor

Paye Stonework and Restoration

Value

£213,500

Location

Ramsgate, Kent

The Barber’s Almshouses, designed by architects WG Osborne and Langham and Cole, were built in 1899 and held accommodation for 12 elderly people.

They were endowed and dedicated to the poor of the parish of St George by the will of Frances Barber, in memory of her husband and son. Mrs Barber died in 1897 and was widely respected on account of her philanthropy towards the poor and her generosity towards charitable institutions.

Paye were employed as Principal Contractor to carryout a facade clean and masonry repair to the Almshouses, as well as timber repairs to the windows and doors.

Additionally, conservation work was undertaken to the listed archway

Business Development contact

David Manktelow

DavidManktelow@paye.net

(+44) 20 8857 9111