Completed and opened in 1926 as The Plaza Theatre the Grade II listed building and undergone various transformations to now include retail space and a cinema.
PAYE undertook the external refurbishment of the listed Portland stone facades erecting and dismantling scaffolding at night to minimise the disruption to pedestrians and existing businesses.
Following cleaning of the facades using a combination of DOFF and TORC to remove surface soiling the masonry was surveyed to help finalise and agree the extent of repairs. Further associated works were carried out to repair and replace lead work, roofing and joinery.
All previously painted surfaces were re-decorated. The cinema and retailers remained in occupation and continued to trade throughout the contract.